For over 20 years, I have built a reputation as a trusted analyst and commentator on a broad range of global energy related issues, including policymaking, leadership, exploration, production, distribution, trading and technology.
I’ve been a regular commentator on Talk Oxfordshire TV to discuss rising energy prices and the future of renewable technologies, and written pieces for publications including The Telegraph, Economist and Pipeline & Gas Journal.
Continuous lifelong learning is my philosophy. This has helped equip me with the in-depth knowledge and understanding of my brief to deliver content for corporate, legal and media clients in the energy, infrastructure and telecommunications sectors worldwide. I produce original and in-depth analysis for every client I work with and I am excited at the possibility of having the opportunity to do the same for you.
- Versatility –Creating reporting, content and copywriting skills in a digital context for clients including advertorial, features, reports, brochures, technical writing, ghost writing and press releases.
- Digital savvy –I run an active blog showcasing my work and thoughts on the energy industry which has generated over 1,000 subscribers.
- Commercial awareness – As a founder of independent media related publications and groups, I recognise the importance of ‘adding value’ to a business and will apply this to every assignment I complete for your business.
- Public speaking skills – I am a seasoned public speaker who has extensive experience of speaking fluently about energy issues to the media and professionals in lectures and seminars.
Editor-in-chief and publisher, Oxfordprospect.co.uk(2000 – Present)
- Founded and operate an independent business and lifestyle regional news website for Oxfordshire readers.
- Manage a team of writers covering a range of topics on a regular basis.
Content Editor, Cavendish Group (2017 – Present)
- Producing written materials and editorial services for quarterly magazines: Marine Engineering, Offshore Technology, and Power Generation Technology for readers in India and China.
Director, Quatre Limited (2016 – Present)
- Demonstrated initiative and appetite to continue deepening my knowledge and understanding of the energy industry by launching a corporate communications office.
- Tasks includes delivery of political lobbying, fundraising and public relations efforts in the UK and worldwide in dealing with energy companies, regulators and governments.
EMEA Contributing Editor, Pipeline and Gas Journal(2014 – Present)
- Submitting a monthly column reporting on all aspects of the global pipeline sector to serve a global readership.
Founder, Oxford First Tuesday (2008 – Present)
- Launched an Oxford based media business networking club for professionals working in the creative industries.
Communications consultant, Nicnewmanoxford.com (2004 – Present)
- Oxford based media communications bureau providing corporate journalism service to clients.
INDUSTRY ACCREDITED WRITING/ENERGY QUALIFICATIONS
- Freelance feature writing, Journalism.co.uk (2018)
- Copywriting for freelance journalists, Journalism.co.uk (2018)
- Pitch and Deal Course, National Union of Journalists (2016)
- NCTJ Report Writing Course (Merit award), College of Media and Publishing (2014)
- Energy in Buildings & Industry (EiBI) CPD scheme, Energy Institute London (2012)
- NCTJ Diploma in Freelance Journalism, News and magazine reporting and article writing, Merit award, College of Media and Publishing (2004-05)
- Copy editing (Merit award), College of Media and Publishing (2011-12)
- Copy writing (Merit award), College of Media and Publishing (2011-12)
- Dreamweaver Introduction, Oxford & Cherwell College (2010)
- ECDL Advanced, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases,
Oxford & Cherwell College (2005)
- Hybrid ships take to the high seas https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2019/01/hybrid-ships-take-to-the-high-seas/
- Wind Power in Europe report https://www.nicnewmanoxford.com/wind-power-decommissioning-in-europe/
- The Great German Gas Switch-Over (Pipeline & Gas Journal) – https://pgjonline.com/magazine/2018/april-2018-vol245-no4/features/the-great-german-gas-switch-over
- Britain’s gas main replacement programme (Energy World)- https://www.nicnewmanoxford.com/wpcontent/uploads/2018/04/Britain%E2%80%99s-gas-mains-pdf.pdf
- ENPCs: the future of business energy management? (Telegraph)- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/business/business-energy/11440033/encp-business-energy-management.html
Activities that help me lead a healthier lifestyle and contribute to a sustainable environment such as cycling and using public transport – where possible.